We know that breast augmentation recovery is a bit intimidating. However, if you prepare for it in advance, your downtime will probably be much more manageable than you expected. Start by reading these five tips that are proven to support a smooth and quick recovery:
- Take time off: Plan to be out of commission for at least a week. Don’t let work deadlines or social events pressure you back into your normal routine before you’re ready. See this as the perfect opportunity to indulge in your favorite shows or start a new book series.
- Watch what you eat: Light and bland foods are best for the first post-op day. Then reach for nutritious options over the following week to give your body the energy it needs to heal. Keep in mind that you won’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen during your recovery. That’s why you should stock up on healthy low-prep meals in advance.
- Fight swelling with light activity: Swelling is a common complaint after breast augmentation. It’s completely natural and will subside over time. You can speed up the process by walking around every few hours. Light activity is a great addition to any post-op plan because it boosts circulation and prevents blood clots.
- Embrace your recovery garments: It’s tempting to go shopping for a fun new bra right away. However, you’re going to need to get familiar with your recovery garments first. You’ll have to wear a post-op bra for several weeks before moving on to a sports bra. You may need to wait several months before you’re ready to reach for wired bras and lacy bandeaus.
- Be patient: Remind yourself that it can take months to completely heal after breast augmentation. Keep your expectations realistic and maintain a positive attitude.
We provide a copy of our post-op guide on our website for your convenience. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to contact our office for assistance. We’re here to guide you through the recovery process so that you can start enjoying your beautiful results!
Get Personalized Post-Op Advice
Every patient is different. Our board-certified plastic surgeons may give you individualized recommendations to follow during your recovery.
Find out what you can expect after breast augmentation surgery by scheduling a complimentary cosmetic consultation at 303-706-1100. Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery proudly serves Lone Tree, Denver, and nearby areas of Colorado.