Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons Serving Denver & Lone Tree, Colorado
The surgeons at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery have partnered with Lifecell™ to offer our patients Alloderm® Tissue Matrix as part of every breast reconstruction procedure.
Expander and Implant
Alloderm® Tissue Matrix, used with a tissue expander and implant, is one option for breast reconstruction that can help minimize possible surgical complications and as a result of innovative surgical techniques, it may provide a more desirable aesthetic result.
The Alloderm® Tissue Matrix Advantage
Alloderm® Tissue Matrix helps our surgeons at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery recreate breasts that are more natural looking and feeling than traditional breast implant reconstruction techniques. Alloderm® Tissue Matrix may also lessen the potential of developing other problems that can occur with breast reconstruction surgery.
Innovative surgical techniques using Alloderm® Tissue Matrix may help surgeons create natural looking breasts because:
- Forms an “internal bra” which serves as a hammock for the implant to sit in, keeping it in the preferred position
- Allows your surgeon greater control of the implant position which helps achieve the breast shape and size you want
How Alloderm® Tissue Matrix works
- Alloderm® Tissue Matrix provides a “scaffold,” or framework, which allows new cells to grow through it and new blood vessels to be formed, allowing your own infection-fighting white blood cells to travel to your breast, helping your body to heal itself
- Alloderm® Tissue Matrix is designed to be recognized by your body in order to minimize the risk of rejection
- By becoming part of you, Alloderm® Tissue Matrix behaves in the way as your own tissue
Helping Minimize Complications
In order to help prevent unwanted setbacks, Alloderm® Tissue Matrix may help in the following ways:
- Helps cover the implant, cushioning the feel of the implant
- May mask any visibility of the implant through the skin, as well as reduce other potential problems such as bottoming out and symmastia
If you are interested in learning more about this technique in breast reconstruction, you can schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery by completing the form on this page or calling us at 303-706-1100 today.