A double chin may be causing you to feel like you look older than you are. It can be frustrating for a double chin to persist despite a healthy lifestyle or recent weight loss. Fortunately, Kybella® injections melt the excess fat cells that cause a double chin, and those fat cells will be gone for good! To schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss Kybella injections in the Denver area, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4471. Our experienced nurse-injectors can administer Kybella immediately after your consultation.
How Does Kybella Melt Under-Chin Fat?
Kybella is the first FDA-approved injectable for reducing "sub-mental fullness" – otherwise known as a double chin. This type of under-chin fat may be causing you to feel self-conscious, unattractive or otherwise dissatisfied with your appearance. Whether the fullness is a result of genetics, weight fluctuations or aging, Kybella is an effective way to reduce it.
Kybella is a synthetic version of a naturally occurring molecule. Deoxycholic acid exists naturally in your body. The molecule breaks down dietary fat. Kybella uses synthetic deoxycholic acid to destroy fat cells under your chin.
Once the fat cells have been destroyed, they can no longer store or regain fat, so most people do not need further treatment once the desired results are reached. The effect will be permanent, unless new fat cells are gained.
Most people require more than one injection appointment to reach the desired effect. Your treatment plan will depend on the nature and extent of your sub-mental fullness. Multiple, tiny injections will be administered at each appointment. Most people see results after two appointments, but may require up to six such appointments. Each session is spaced a month apart from any other sessions.
Kybella Before & After
5 Reasons to Choose Kybella
1. Non-surgical. Anesthesia, incisions and sutures are not things associated with Kybella. The injections themselves generally take about 20 minutes, and you will be awake the entire time.
2. No downtime. One of the best things about Kybella is there is no downtime, because it is non-surgical. You can return to work or your other daily activities right away. It is perfectly normal to experience redness, swelling or bruising for a few days after your appointment.
3. Effective results. Thousands of people have been treated with Kybella, and many more are receiving the treatment each day. These patients are reporting great results. Kybella is currently the only injectable approved of as safe and effective by the US Food and Drug Administration for destroying under-chin fat cells.
4. Improved confidence. You may be really unhappy with the extra fat beneath your skin. Your neck and face are visible to people every day, so you may feel self-conscious about it. Kybella creates a path to feeling better about yourself and your appearance.
5. Faster, less invasive than liposuction. Liposuction is also an effective way to remove chin fat. But if you are a good candidate for Kybella, you can skip all of the surgical implications of liposuction, including downtime from work and other activities.
Ready to find out if Kybella is right for you? If you live in Denver, Lone Tree or any of the surrounding areas, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4471, to schedule a complimentary consultation. Our board-certified plastic surgeons and experienced team are proud to offer advanced, state-of-the-art cosmetic treatments to people from Colorado and from out-of-town.