It is important to meet with one of our experienced plastic surgeons to find out if you are a breast lift (mastopexy) candidate. The candidacy factors discussed on this page are generalized and may or may not be a factor in your candidacy. To schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4471.
Reasons for a Breast Lift
Reasons women commonly seek breast lifts include:
- Sagging, elongated breasts
- Deflated, flattened breast appearance
- Fallen nipple position
- Enlarged areolas
These breast characteristics are quite common. They can be caused by aging, weight fluctuations and pregnancy. As your breasts change, you may find you are dissatisfied with their appearance and you would like to restore their shape, fullness and position. If so, you may be a good candidate for a breast lift.
Deciding If a Breast Lift Is Right for You
Other considerations you should discuss with your plastic surgeon and which may influence your candidacy are:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts: Every woman deserves the confidence that comes with feeling good about her body. If you are unhappy with breasts that have begun to sag, you deserve to find out about your options for restoration and creating a more youthful breast appearance.
- You are satisfied with the size of your breasts: A breast lift does not significantly increase the size of your breasts. A breast augmentation is suited to increasing volume, and a modified procedure can combine enlargement and a lift.
- You do not plan to become pregnant in the short-term: Pregnancy, and the physical changes it involves, is likely to cause your breasts to sag again and to change your breast lift results. For this reason, you may want to wait until you do not plan to become pregnant again and then get a breast lift.
- You are more or less at a stable weight: If you lose a substantial amount of weight after your breast lift, then you may lose volume in your breasts that causes them to again take on a deflated appearance. Once you have reached a stable weight, you may be an ideal candidate for a breast lift.
Most women who are unhappy with sagging breasts are good candidates for a breast lift. During your consultation, you and one of our plastic surgeons will discuss these factors and what you would like to change about your breasts. We will explain all of your options and help you decide the best way to achieve your cosmetic goals, as well as discussing the cost of a breast lift and your financing options.
If you want to know if you are a good candidate for a breast lift and live in Denver, Lone Tree or the surrounding areas, please contact Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery using the form on this page or call (720) 457-4471 to schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons.