The weekend of Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer for many of us here in Colorado. With longer days and kids out of school, we are more likely to spend our long afternoons enjoying the beautiful weather, once it stops snowing, of course.
This year the National Council on Skin Cancer prevention is once again celebrating Don’t Fry Day on May 26, the Friday before Memorial Weekend, to remind all of us to enjoy the outdoors without sacrificing the health and beauty of our skin.
Remember these tips this summer to avoid damage to your skin from the sun’s harmful rays:
- Always use sunscreen. Look for broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher to protect yourself from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid direct exposure between 10:00 and 2:00 when the sun is at its strongest.
- Seek shade whenever possible.
- Wear protective clothing. Broad-brimmed hats, long sleeves, and long pants or skirts can help protect your skin.
- Be cautious near water, sand, and snow. Those surfaces can reflect the sun’s rays and burn you when you don’t expect it.
At Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we wish you a happy and healthy summer. If you are interested in our full line of skin care products to keep you looking your best, call our Denver office today at 720-457-4471. We welcome patients throughout the Denver metro area and from across the country.