Each year, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons releases industry statistics based on data collected from cosmetic surgeons around the country. These statistics provide an important window on the field of plastic surgery and how it changes, ebbs and flows from year to year.
Late last month, ASPS released the statistics for the previous year, 2014. Although the full report is quite extensive, here are some of the highlights:
- 15.6 million cosmetic procedures were performed in 2014, including surgical and minimally invasive procedures
- The number of cosmetic procedures grew in 2014 compared to 2013, by 3 percent
- Butt enhancement continues to grow in popularity
- Butt augmentation with fat grafting increased by 15 percent from 2013 to 2014
- Compared to butt augmentation with fat grafting, there were fewer surgical butt lifts and butt implant procedures performed, but these types of butt enhancement also experienced substantial growth in 2014
Overall, the field of non-surgical and surgical cosmetic procedures continues to grow in the US. ASPS attributes this continued growth in part to medical advancements, technology improvements, and open communication between patients and surgeons.
To schedule a complimentary comsetic consultation with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in the greater Denver area, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4471.