If you have large breasts, you may be unhappy with some of the things that go along with them. Large breast size may cause back problems, neck problems and skin irritation. Overly large breasts can also impact your self-esteem, body image, confidence and your choice of wardrobe. If you've decided to have breast reduction surgery to address these or other problems, you're probably wondering if the results will be permanent. Generally, yes, but breast size and shape can change throughout your life as a result of:
- Pregnancy: Breasts increase in size during and after pregnancy due to hormone changes and to accommodate breastfeeding. Breasts usually return to a pre-pregnancy state after you've stopped breastfeeding, but the increased size can remain
- Normal aging: One side effect of aging can be increased weight gain in many parts of the body, including breasts
- Weight fluctuations: Once a breast-reduction surgery is done, you should take care of your body and keep your weight in check to avoid having your breasts gain fat
- Hormonal factors: Changes in your hormones over the years can trigger weight gain in breasts
- Gravity: It happens to everyone, but gravity seems to exert a special pull on breasts, possibly causing them to stretch into a larger size
Breast reduction surgery is major surgery and the decision to have it performed should be made in consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. If you're ready to explore your options for reducing the size of your breasts, our experienced team is ready to assist you. To schedule a breast reduction consultation, please call Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4471. We are located in Lone Tree and serve people from Denver and across Colorado.