The best way to get ready for your recovery from plastic surgery is to work closely with our staff at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery to make sure you have the information you need. We are personally committed to making your entire surgical experience from pre-op to post-op seamless and as comfortable as possible. Here are 7 ways you can prepare for your recovery:
- Prepare a space in your home for rest and relaxation with blankets, books, movies and anything else you can enjoy while you let your body heal.
- If instructed to do so by the plastic surgeon, stop taking certain medications and/or supplements prior to surgery. It is also important to get any prescriptions filled prior to surgery.
- Adjust your work, social and family schedules to allow for downtime. Ask for help when needed!
- Make sure all of your questions and concerns have been addressed. Don't be afraid to call the office with any questions--we are here to help!
- Ask a spouse, family member or trusted friend to stay in your home with you for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Make sure you understand the plastic surgeon's post-operative, aftercare instructions.
- Stock your home with at least a couple days of food and hydration so that you won't have to go out or go to great trouble to make a meal.
These measures may not be the only way you should prepare for your recovery. During your individualized consultation at our practice and throughout your care, our staff and board-certified plastic surgeons will make sure you know what to do each step of the way. You will meet with a nurse for a pre-operative appointment. If family or friends are available, they should come with you to help prepare them as well.
If you are searching for an experienced greater Denver and Lone Tree plastic surgeon to provide state-of-the-art, compassionate care and natural results, please contact Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery to schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation and to learn more about us.